Creating Custom Forms
To get an idea of what the custom form feature is all about, you can visit this page instead.
Creating custom forms is easy with our updated interface. Here is a guide on how to get it done.
In This Guide
- Navigating To Custom Forms Setting
- Creating A New Custom Form
- Available Options for Display of Scale Custom Form Answers
Navigating To Custom Forms Setting
Go to Settings - Customize - Reviews - Custom Forms, you should land on this page:
Creating A New Custom Form
Let's work on the default form for now, if the custom form is meant to be applied to all products:
There are 3 settings as shown:
- Title: Name the title of the custom form.
- Rules: Set the rules in which the custom form will be activated.
- Questions: The main content of the custom form.
This is where you can set the rules to determine the scenarios in which the custom form will be used. For an apparel store, a custom form can be created for pants, another for tops and perhaps one more for shoes. The possibilities are endless!
Note: If you are working on the default form, rules does not apply.
There are three types of rules that can be created: Product Type, Product Title and Product ID. They can be a combination of any type within the form.
- Product Type: Available as a property in certain e-commerce platform (eg.pants, tops, dress etc.)
- Product Title: Title of the product
- Product ID: If you are unsure of the product ID, use this guide to find it
Stamped showcases 4 types of questions that can be added into your custom form: Checkbox, Radio, Scale and Textbox. Here are the examples of each type of question:
Setting up the questions is simple. There are 4 common settings for every custom form question:
- Question: The question that will be shown to customers in the review submission form.
- Display title (Optional): The question that will be displayed along with the review on the widgets. By default this will be similar to the original question.
- Public: This will allow the question to be showcased along with the main product review in the widget. Unchecking it will change the question to be only visible in the dashboard.
- Required: Unchecking this will change the question to become optional in the review submission form.
Available Options for Display of Scale Custom Form Answers
You can change the appearance of the scale custom form answers over in Widgets - Main Widget - Customizations - Custom form scale type:
There are two display options available, Gauge & Range: