SPF/DKIM is necessary for Email Service Providers to properly authenticate the emails we're sending on your behalf. This improves the deliverability of the emails from Stamped to your customers.
The DNS records are usually added on your Domain Control Panel provided by your domain registrar, e.g., GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc.
In This Guide
Retrieving The Records
To get your DNS records, go to Stamped Dashboard => Settings => General => Deliverability: https://go.stamped.io/v3/#/settings/spfdkim.
- Click on Get DNS Records for yourstore.com button (The records may already be present, if that's the case this step is skipped automatically).
- You are offered a list of records to add to your Domain Registrar. For example:
Adding The Records
*For the exact Name/Host + Value/Points To, kindly refer to your account's dashboard. All screenshots provided in this document should only be treated as examples.
For the following domain hosts, please click on it for the instructions on how to add the DNS records:
- Google Domains
- 1&1 IONOS
- Network Solutions
- The custom DNS records are required only when you set up your own email address as the From Email address instead of the default email address, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most domain registrars automatically add the domain extension to CNAME records, as such you will need to be sure to remove ".yourdomain.com" from the end of each host/name while creating them.
- Domain registrars like BigCommerce require you to add the domain extension.
- Some registrars may not allow underscore in the Name/Host fields. In that case, you can either contact the domain registrar to create the records on the back-end or reach us to update the recommended Name/Host for you.
- Cloudflare users take note–the proxy needs to be disabled in the newly added records:
Steps To Add The Records (GoDaddy)
Extract from GoDaddy's guide: https://sg.godaddy.com/help/add-a-cname-record-19236
- Select your domain name in the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Head over to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- Under the Records section, you will find the add button to insert new records.
Add the records according the values given in the deliverability settings in your Stamped account: https://go.stamped.io/v3/#/settings/spfdkim. Here's an example of how the records should be added, with the domain name excluded under the "name" field.
Note: Your account's value will differ from the screenshot below
Validating The Records
After the CNAME records are added, click on "Validate Records" back in the deliverability settings in Stamped's dashboard–you'll see 3 green ticks once the records are verified.
Note: It can take up to 72 hours for the DNS records to be propagated before validation can be completed.